About the Department
A Pharmacist is a vital link between patient and Doctors. He formulates various drugs dosage forms like Capsules, Tablets, Syrups, Injectables etc., whether of Synthetic or natural origin. Development of drug involves sound knowledge at molecular level its synthesis, designing, pharmacological and toxicological studies, analytical methods, post marketing survelliance and Clinical investigations converging with this field is three great technologies like Bio-technology, Information-technology and Nano-Technology.
Pharmacy is a versatile, dynamic, growing, and increasingly diverse profession, one which creates an excitement because there are so many opportunities for service. It is an age old profession which has transformed into a hub for "Global Healthcare" and evolved as a multidisciplinary and multifaceted field in recent times. With the phenomenal rate of advances in the pharmaceutical industry, the health sector has thrown open a sea of opportunities for pharmacy professionals. There is a lot more that pharmacists do to contribute to the health of the nation. Pharmacists work in a wide variety of health care settings: in the pharmaceutical industry (carrying out a wide range of activities from R & D to manufacturing to quality control, packaging, quality assurance, etc.), in practice settings (hospital & community i.e. retail pharmacy), in academics, regulatory affairs, clinical research.
To provide highest standards of pharmacy profession and to develop global competencies with successful implementation of Good Pharmacy Education Practice. To project the role of future pharmacist as important and competent health care professional in providing the optimal value services to the society.
- To meet the needs of Society at large locally, regionally and worldwide with growth of students as well as for contribution of the institution.
- To promote Industry-Institute interaction, linkages envisaged along with the strategies for developing new products, services and patents.
- To cope up with the swift changes and to Redesign-Reorient the educational and training programmes to meet the global challenges.
- To train future pharmacist of India as Seven-Star Pharmacist as per the guidelines of FIP (Federation of International Pharmacists) and WHO.
- To provide necessary knowledge and skills to commence practicing competently in a variety of settings including Community, Hospital pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Industry.